[mythtv-users] Playback On Intel

David Edwards david at more.fool.me.uk
Mon May 12 12:50:37 UTC 2014

On 12 May 2014 13:21, Greg Thompson <gthompson20 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can confirm that the Patch does stop the segfaults...

I can't remember having had any segfaults yet, but it's great to hear
VAAPI is getting some love.

> However I like the De-Interlacing MUCH better in OpenGL High Quality than VAAPI.

Absolutely. Even if my other problems are fixed, I'm not sure I could
live with Bob.

There is an interesting thread on the XBMC forums about de-interlacing
with VAAPI:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165707

It sounds like they're working on supporting software deinterlacing so
as not to be constrained by the VAAPI library. I would still be
interested to know why the Motion Adaptive deinterlacer is not
available in Mythfrontend even though the Intel release notes claim it
is now supported on Haswell.

David