[mythtv-users] MythTV vs XBMC

Nicolas Krzywinski myth at site7even.de
Fri May 9 23:33:33 UTC 2014

Am 08.05.2014, 19:09 Uhr, schrieb John Marshall <mythtv at marshallparty.org>:

> I have the "green" button on my remote mapped to EPG, so I can easily
> bring it up while watching TV.  Is that what you meant in the first
> part?  My use case is I've opened the Program Guide, browsed what's on,
> and found something on that looks interesting.  Now I have to go back to
> the menu, start live TV, and then find it in the guide again to select
> it.  I could just always start live TV and browse the guide that way,
> but there may be something annoying or inappropriate for the kids on
> whatever channel it starts on by default.
I miss this as well.

Also I don't understand the need for two different epg views.
In the "recording only" epg there is little to no need for start a
recording of what currently is broadcasting - this should start live tv!
If called via live tv the same epg should simply display the additional
mini live tv frame - the rest of the functonality is equal to the "other"
epg.
No need to waste double remote keys.