[mythtv-users] MythTV vs XBMC

John Marshall mythtv at marshallparty.org
Thu May 8 17:09:21 UTC 2014

On 5/8/2014 11:59 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> I believe there is a jump point associated with the EPG screen that can
> be bound to a key, or added to a custom menu theme.  LiveTV itself can
> also be configured to automatically open to the EPG.

I have the "green" button on my remote mapped to EPG, so I can easily
bring it up while watching TV.  Is that what you meant in the first
part?  My use case is I've opened the Program Guide, browsed what's on,
and found something on that looks interesting.  Now I have to go back to
the menu, start live TV, and then find it in the guide again to select
it.  I could just always start live TV and browse the guide that way,
but there may be something annoying or inappropriate for the kids on
whatever channel it starts on by default.