[mythtv-users] "Record Only This Showing" & duplicate matching

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 17 17:26:39 UTC 2014

On 03/17/2014 01:20 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:
>> I'm hoping this is a bug and not an improvement gone wild.
> I'm guessing this is probably a change in your EPG data (assuming you have not changed your duplicate detection settings recently). Perhaps now the two showings have matching programid's whereas previously they did not (or a generic programid was previously used).

Agreed.

If you want to record something that's already been recorded (and hasn't
been "forgotten"/"allow re-record"'ed), you /must/ disable duplicate
matching.  To do this easily, simply make a recording rule template for
"this showing" with duplicate detection disabled and apply it when
creating such rules.

Mike