[mythtv-users] Looking for a cheap and easy to set-up IR receiver

Rob Jensen bertaboy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 10:57:20 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone recommend a cheap and easy to set up USB receiver?

I have been very happy with FLIRC. Someone in the XBMC community
developed it and it's slightly more expensive than the cheap MCE
combos I found on eBay, but it is reliable (don't have to worry about
cheap knockoffs) and was significantly easier to set up.  The device
shows up as a keyboard device, but also comes with an application to
remap all of your remote's button presses to specific keys.  I
considered the ease of setup and not having to directly muck around
with LIRC to be well worth the $10 price premium.