[mythtv-users] Recent issue with mythwelcome & mythshutdown --setwakeup

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Thu Mar 13 23:41:35 UTC 2014

I'm running a Fedora 20 installation of MythTV and my master backend is also a
frontend, so I've used mythwelcome for years now to shutdown and wake up the
system.  Recently, I've noticed that the wrong time is getting passed to the
wakeup command.  I didn't notice since the time always happens to always be
2732 seconds earlier than the time it should be (so MythTV hasn't missed
recordings).

This is correct (it should wake at 11 minutes to 6PM to record the news):

~]# mythshutdown --setscheduledwakeup
Setting scheduled wakeup time: Attempting to connect to master server...
Wakeup time given is: 3/13, 5:49 PM (local time)

But my logs show the following (where the "time_t" that is passed is wrong):

sudo[4097]: mythtv : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ;
COMMAND=/bin/mythshutdown --setwakeup 2014-03-13T16:14:28
mythbackend[1196]: I Scheduler scheduler.cpp:2840 (CheckShutdownServer)
CheckShutdownServer returned - OK to shutdown
mythbackend[1196]: N Scheduler scheduler.cpp:2935 (ShutdownServer) Running the
command to set the next scheduled wakeup time :-
              sudo -H mythshutdown --setwakeup `date -d "@1394745268" +%FT%T`
sudo[4111]: mythtv : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ;
COMMAND=/bin/mythshutdown --shutdown
mythbackend[1196]: N Scheduler scheduler.cpp:2966 (ShutdownServer) Running the
command to shutdown this computer :-
              sudo -H mythshutdown --shutdown

I have MythTV set to use "time_t" but you can see that the time isn't
calculated properly "--setwakeup 2014-03-13T16:14:28" which is what happens
when "1394745268" is the time that is passed.

I have used this same configuration for a few years now with no need to change
it and was wondering if anyone could offer some pointers on why things might
be different now.

Thanks in advance.  -A

MythTV Version : v0.27-177-gcb3b784
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20140303-1
QT Version : 4.8.5
Options compiled in:
 linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2
using_libudf using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video
using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2 using_libudf

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E