[mythtv-users] MythTV unaware of recordings' actual audio properties

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 13:15:53 UTC 2014

On 3/10/14, 9:08 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/10/2014 08:32 AM, Will Dormann wrote:
>> Based on this, one might conclude that mythtv might not be getting the
>> audio properties from the recordings themselves, but some other place?
>> If so, where?
>
> Your listings provider.  This is why/how you also see them provided on
> listings for shows in the future/shows you don't record.

Ok, I had suspected that.   Thanks for the confirmation.   It would seem
that for shows that are actually recorded, the actual audio properties
should override what's provided by the EPG.

For example, if I have my recording device configured to record audio
using the analog stereo connectors, then my recording is in stereo.
When I'm looking at the list of my recordings, I'd like to know how they
were recorded.  I don't necessarily care about how the show was
broadcast.   Right?

-WD