[mythtv-users] mythburn.py with cutlist: ERR: Cannot jump to chapter 7 of title 1, only 6 exist

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 13:46:03 UTC 2014

On 3/4/14, 5:17 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/548721#548721
>
> is the best I explanation I've seen. :-)

This post says "if the recording is corrupt then there is not a lot you
can do".   But I'm doubting that this is necessarily the case here,
based on what the video goes through from the original recording:

HD-PVR (h.264) -> ffmpeg (mpeg2) -> projectx (m2v + ac3) -> mplex (vob)
-> dvdauthor (iso)

This is the case whether or not a cutlist is used.

If the suspicion is that the recording is corrupt by the time it gets to
mplex, then it would seem that some property of the video produced by
projectx (with the cutlist) is throwing it off, and really shouldn't
have anything to do with the "recording" from the hd-pvr.

Suggested workarounds in the above post include using projectx, which I
already am.  As well as increasing mplex video buffers.   Perhaps I
should try the most recent version of projectx?  (which would also mean
that I'd need to back out most of my last patch)

Any other thoughts?

Thanks
-WD