[mythtv-users] Automatic mythfilldatabase runs to Schedules Direct seem to be frequently failing

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 20:33:03 UTC 2014

On 3/3/2014 12:33 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/03/2014 01:17 PM, Phil Bridges wrote:
>> On Sunday, March 2, 2014, Doug Lytle wrote:
>>
>>     I set myth to ignore the suggested SD pull time and told it to pull
>>     between 2am
>>
>> I did the same thing, with the same positive results.
>
> Has anyone posted a question on the SD forum asking why runs may be failing around 9pm EST?

To be honest, there's not much we can do about random problems as the normal data distribution servers are hosted by Tribune.

That said, we do a test download every 5 minutes and do not get regular errors (including 9pm EST).

There could be many causes that occur around that time, on your home network, your ISP, points in between, and yes, Tribune's servers. It's really
hard to tell what the root cause is.  If moving to a different time makes the problem go away, that sounds like a great solution...  move on with your
life and go watch some TV. :)

Robert
Schedules Direct