[mythtv-users] sometimes livetv starts with blank screen

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 19:28:59 UTC 2014

Hoi Kevin,

> What kind of tuner(s), what is the procedure used to tune, does it always
>  tune OK for recordings etc etc etc.
>  You give very little information. So it becomes a guessing game.
>

>  Tot mails,
>    Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>
>  "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
>  Zonder leven is er geen hoop
>  Het eeuwige dilemma
>  Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
>  De lerende Mens
>

> The tuner is a hdhr prime.  I never have any issues with tuning for scheduled recordings.
> The procedure used to tune??  I am not positive what you are
> asking.  To tune to a channel, I pull up the on screen guide and choose a channel to watch.
>
> I have times when all three tuners are recording programs at the
> same time and they always record correctly.

> I will read this guide on how to collect more information.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/logging
>

> That will provide more useful information correct?

Another important question is whether it's a fresh install that never
properly functioned or dit you change/upgrade something after which
the problem occurred.
A fresh install would suggest you forgot to configure some part
properly or maybe you forgot part of the firmware needed. That can
cause all kind of tuning problems.
An upgrade (software or hardware) could have caused a conflict
somewhere, so check your boot logs for errors.
I don't know the hdhr prime so I can't help you on that, but if I'm
correct there is a lot of info in the wiki about setting it up. Have
you read that.
What I meant with 'how do you tune' are there scripts etc involved
that need proper configuration. Did you maybe misstype somewhere?
Most live-tv issues have been solved in the versions you say you
using, but your front and backend versions are not the same. Although
improbable, because they are almost the same, maybe there lies a
problem.

So without more info, it is just guessing.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com