[mythtv-users] bring back recordings

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Jul 31 01:35:14 UTC 2014

On 7/30/2014 7:48 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 7:38 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com
> <mailto:jyavenard at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 31 July 2014 11:17, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com
>     <mailto:darylangela at gmail.com>> wrote:
>      > Greetings Mythizens, I have five recordings in the recordings
>     file that the
>      > watch recordings page knows nothing about. How can I get the FE
>     to recognize
>      > and play these? I am using fixes 0.27.3-109 in an Ubuntu 12.04
>     desktop
>      > environment with steppes theme. I have identified them with the
>     "orphans.py"
>      > script but do not want to execute any of the option therein
>     because they all
>      > want to delete. FE is oblivious because it is a clone from a day ago.
>      > thanks Daryl
>
>     typically the actual recording is gone or didn't record in the first
>     place.
>
>     nothing you can do to make it come back as it was never there to
>     start with
>

> They are there, I found them with the orphan python and I can see them
> in the GUI files system under mythtv/recordings. They recorded last
> night before I tried to upgrade to 14.04. although I did a new clone
> this morning I got a day old clone, I think, because I didn't delete
> "/dev/sdb4"s previous cone before dd-ing to it today. I'd sure hate to
> have to watch these on VLC or any other inferior medium.

The frontend doesn't store or know anything about recordings.  It
queries everything from the database on the backend.  Are you saying you
nuked your database with the backup?  MythTV keeps a week of past guide
data, so it would be possible to reproduce the database entries of
recording made during that time in full, however I know there's no such
capability in MythTV itself, and I'm not aware of any external script or
program that does this.  There's a whole lot of tables that get touched,
so this is not something that should be attempted by anyone not
intimately familiar with the internals of the recording process.  Your
easiest option is as Michael Watson stated, to just load them into the
Video Library.