[mythtv-users] mythtvfrontend teal $30

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 21 10:30:31 UTC 2014

> On 21 Jul 2014, at 7:20 pm, "Jean-Yves Avenard" <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
>> On Monday, July 21, 2014, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> I can't comment one way or the other personally, but i note the first review claims that this struggles even on 720p content. Would be worth confirming / eliminating that prior to purchase.
>
> Even with vdpau?

Further on in the reviews others also comment that it "should" be able to handle 1080p mkv files but only provided everything was set up just right.

My summary of the reviews would be that with care and knowledge this "should" be capable enough, however the majority of those claiming to be owners seemed to favour the words 'dog slow' when describing its performance.

However it is important to also note that this is nearly cheaper than a raspberry pi, so in terms of bang-for-buck the price is good (disclaimer I didn't check what sort of shipping costs might be involved).