[mythtv-users] Season and episode data

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 22:22:33 UTC 2014

On Monday, July 21, 2014, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Highlight the recording, press M to bring up menu, select Recording
> Options then select Change Recording Metadata, then edit away.

In master, provided your theme has been upgrade, you can even search for
metadata there.

It will automatically fill the season and episode # if found.

Note that there are two things at play in regards to recordings metadata.
Both are similar, but in fact independent of one another and it can make
things difficult to understand.

A recording is linked to a recording rule. A recordings rule has its own
inetref, a link to either TMDB or TVDB. Along a season and episode #.
When a new recording is started, that metadata information is copied into
it.

A recording itself has its own inetref, and season and episode #.

If you have a recurring recording, you are best to modify the recording
rule metadata, so future recordings will have the proper information.
If it's a one off, or want to modify previousl recordings, you have to
modify the recording metadata.

Hope that clarifies thing a bit, it's confusing. Or let say that I was
confused at first.