[mythtv-users] Season and episode data

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 20 22:02:24 UTC 2014

> On 21 Jul 2014, at 2:46 am, "Don Brett" <dlbrett at zoominternet.net> wrote:
>
> I use mythvidexport.py, which seems to depend on the season/episode information being available.  Mythfrontend shows the episode number and mythweb usually shows the season/episode.  If that field is blank in mythweb, mythvidexport gives an external system call failure:
>
> MythTV.exceptions.MythError: External system call failed: code 1
>
> Manually running the metadata lookup doesn't seem to help (mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all-rules), but I can easily find it on imdb.com.  Is there a way to manually insert the season/episode data into the mythconverg database?

Highlight the recording, press M to bring up menu, select Recording Options then select Change Recording Metadata, then edit away.

The display of season / episode numbers is likely theme dependant, if your theme doesn't display them you may be able to try a different theme.

Note that MythTV uses TTVDB (the TV database) and TMDB (the movie database) not IMDB, so best to get inetref numbers and the like from there to avoid surprises.

If your metadata lookup is failing to retrieve data it is likely because the title and subtitle do not sufficiently match the reference databases. You can test this by checking the applicable reference database, tweak your recording title / subtitle to match and then rerun the metadata lookup to see if the reference numbers are then correctly found. Normally lookup can be run from the frontend GUI by highlighting the recording, press M for menu, then Job Options, Begin Metadata Lookup (provided you have the jobs enabled).