[mythtv-users] Delete + Rerecord

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 17 21:22:34 UTC 2014

> On 18 Jul 2014, at 6:19 am, "Peter Bennett (cats22)" <cats22 at comcast.net>
> This however does not work if you have the program still available in
> the recorded table. I have not found a way to make it forget a show that
> is still in the recorded list. I sometimes want to do that - if the
> recording is somewhat corrupted I would like to keep it in case I cannot
> get a better one and ask mythtv to re-record if it comes on again.
>
> Peter
IIRC / IIUC one of the duplicate detection settings in the recording rule has 3 options  (in no particular order):
a) check for duplicates in oldrecorded and recorded (all recordings).
b) check for duplicates in oldrecorded only (old recordings).
c) check for duplicates in recorded only (current recordings).

Setting to check oldrecorded only in the recording rule I believe should do what you need.