[mythtv-users] Schedulesdirect Guide updates? World Cup: Round of 16: 1H vs 2G

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 19:32:28 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Robert Eden <rmeden at yahoo.com> wrote:
> There are lots of new fields that don't really have a place in the XMLTV
> format ( image URL, streaming URL, etc).   The JSON  service is also a
> "differential" service (it only downloads changes). Because of that it's
> very efficient, but that also doesn't mesh with with XMLTV as there is no
> database to take a difference of.
>
> Those issues could all be worked around,  but the big issue is I don't have
> the cycles to write one.  If someone else wants to, go for it!

Here's what the "pretty printed" JSON for that game looked like:

{
    "programID": "EP017953380050",
    "titles": {
        "title120": "2014 FIFA World Cup"
    },
    "eventDetails": {
        "subType": "Sports event",
        "venue": "Maracana Stadium",
        "teams": [
            {
                "name": "Colombia"
            },
            {
                "name": "Uruguay"
            }
        ],
        "gameDate": "2014-06-28"
    },
    "descriptions": {
        "description100": [
            {
                "descriptionLanguage": "en",
                "description": "Colombia takes on Uruguay. From
Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil."
            }
        ],
        "description1000": [
            {
                "descriptionLanguage": "en",
                "description": "Colombia, with the help of Jackson
Martinez, takes on Uruguay, a team whose last win was overshadowed by
an incident that involved Luis Suarez. From Maracana Stadium in Rio de
Janeiro, Brazil."
            },
            {
                "descriptionLanguage": "en",
                "description": "From Maracana Stadium."
            }
        ]
    },
    "genres": [
        "Soccer"
    ],
    "episodeTitle150": "Round of 16: Colombia vs. Uruguay",
    "showType": "Sports event",
    "hasImageArtwork": true,
    "md5": "W2h9d1hXAShp292hGc+xow"
}

When the game was still "1C vs 2H" or whatever it was, then the md5
was different. The JSON mythfilldatabase replacement grabber would see
that the md5 for EP017953380050 was different and would pull down the
new JSON.