[mythtv-users] Schedulesdirect Guide updates? World Cup: Round of 16: 1H vs 2G

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 20:10:14 UTC 2014

On 7/2/2014 2:42 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Will the XMLTV grabber be switching to pulling from the JSON feed?  I thought that would be the most logical approach--have XMLTV's grabber use the
> JSON feed and then have MythTV use that grabber. IMHO, it would really be nice to have only one set of code for importing listings data, regardless
> of upstream source.

There are lots of new fields that don't really have a place in the XMLTV format ( image URL, streaming URL, etc).   The JSON  service is also a
"differential" service (it only downloads changes). Because of that it's very efficient, but that also doesn't mesh with with XMLTV as there is no
database to take a difference of.

Those issues could all be worked around,  but the big issue is I don't have the cycles to write one.  If someone else wants to, go for it!

Robert