[mythtv-users] UDEV rules

Andrew C. (AFPup) Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Sat Jan 25 20:03:28 UTC 2014

On 25/01/14 02:08 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> And further, on a whim, I went into the BE deleted all capture cards,
> then rebooted, and then went in again and was still not presented with
> symlink names, only /dev/adapter0/frontend0, /dev/adapter1/frontend0,
> /dev/video0, /dev/video24, /dev/video36, and only by backspacing and
> typing can I get /dev/video1, or /dev/video2, they won't present with
> left/right arrows, but they are recognized as "saa7134" and "Kworld
> pc150u" so although the symlinks look good, maybe they didn't fully
> take? I don't fully understand the output from the grep, but my gut
> feeling is that since I am able to configure the cards, without udev
> involved, permissions must be correct, right? thanks
IIRC, mythtv-setup only populates the default device nodes in the
drop-down, eg: /dev/video? for v4l/ivtv/etc devices.  You need to select
the appropriate type of device in the top drop down, then just type in
the correct device node eg:

/dev/videopvr150

Don't forget the after you define the capture cards, you still need to
define a source, then connect the appropriate card/input to the
appropriate source.