[mythtv-users] Uverse VIP1200 Channel Change

Christian Hack christian at hack.id.au
Sat Jan 25 06:09:05 UTC 2014

Hello Zeb

On 4 July 2013 00:39, Zeb Zanowiak <zzanowiak at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I took the plunge today and had uverse installed.  Prior to this install, I
> have been using two HD-PVR devices connected to TimeWarner STBs, which are
> channel changed using firewire.  I knew going into this that the firewire
> option would no longer be viable with uverse.  However, I did expect to be
> able to use a USB ir blaster.  When I test the blaster using the command
> below, I get a successful flash of the indicator light on the USB
> transmitter, usually a response from the STB, then a timeout message in the
> command line.  If I try it again, I get no flash on the USB transmitter and
> again get the timeout message.

This is the same as I get. I'm using the Microsoft USB MCE receiver.
Receiver works perfectly.

Transmitter works for one code only and gives a timeout error when
using irsend. The STB in my case (Foxtel IQ2) correctly receives that
one code. Subsequent tries with irsend do not send anything and only
result in a timeout.

A simple restart of lirc results in it working for one code again.

My self learnt  .conf file looks like this (all buttons work fine
(just one time only). Is there something here that might break irsend
or lirc?

===

begin remote

  name  Foxtel_IQ2
  flags RAW_CODES
  eps            30
  aeps          100
  frequency     38000
  gap          88666
  min_repeat   2

      begin raw_codes

          name 0
              500     175     275     150     275     575
              250     175     275     350     250     575
              250     575     250     175     250     175
              250     175     250     575     250     375
              250     575     250     200     250     200
              250     200     250     200     250

> I am using Mythbuntu 12.04 and MythTV .26.

Same basically (but now on 0.27). This hardware previously worked fine
on Mythdora but I've never been successful with Mythbuntu.

Christian