[mythtv-users] UDEV rules

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Jan 24 05:18:33 UTC 2014

> On Jan 23, 2014, at 6:01 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> OK I just went into setup>capture cards, and when I try to change
> /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 to anything with "dig1250" in it, I get
> "failed to open" the only thing that opens is what presents when I
> navigate through new cards. Obviously I'm missing how to or what to
> change. Similarly with the other cards the symlink name returns
> "failed to open" Help?   Daryl

You're making the right change in the right place. Probably the myth backend is still running, it takes an exclusive lock on capture cards and that would cause such a failure. Normally when the setup program sees an active backend it offers to shut it down although that shutdown is not necessarily reliable in my experience.

On the plus side it looks like the symlink is good. It's clearly pointing to a tuner.

- George