[mythtv-users] UDEV rules

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 23:01:56 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Jim <lists at morton.hrcoxmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/23/2014 3:28 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:

>>> You need to run mythtv-setup to access the setup screens for the capture
>>> cards.
>>>
>>> --Greg
>>>

>> I'll give this another go, From an Ubuntu 12.04 lts I launch "mythtv
>> backend" agree to shut down the backend, and then the next screen with
>> General, Capture Cards, Recording Profiles, Video Sources, etc is
>> "setup"?   Daryl
>>

> Yes that is the backend "setup". You want Capture Cards.
>
> --
> Jim

OK I just went into setup>capture cards, and when I try to change
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 to anything with "dig1250" in it, I get
"failed to open" the only thing that opens is what presents when I
navigate through new cards. Obviously I'm missing how to or what to
change. Similarly with the other cards the symlink name returns
"failed to open" Help?   Daryl