[mythtv-users] mytharchive only burning a portion of show to dvd

Bob Shanteau rmshant at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 00:14:26 UTC 2014

On 1/20/2014 12:19 PM, Tim wrote:
> I use mytharchive to burn a recorded show to dvd, sometimes it works,
> burning the full show to dvd, but sometimes it only burns a portion of
> the show to the dvd... for example, only the first 9 mins are on the
> dvd instead of the full 60 mins... it appears the largest file in the
> VIDEO_TS folder is 339MB (most likely the 9 mins I have burnt).  In
> the progress.log I can see there was around 1.5 GB worth of data, up
> until either Multiplex or the dvdauthor step... Has anyone had any
> similar issues with mytharchive process not burning the full show to dvd?

Yes. This happened to me and it turned out to be a glitch in the
recorded video file. To fix it I played the portion of the file created
by MythArchive to find out as closely as I could where it ended, then
edited the original to find the same place and, sure enough, there was a
glitch in the original file. I edited out a fraction of a second around
the glitch and then ran the original through MythArchive again.
Sometimes it would get further but would stop at another glitch, so I
had to repeat the process until I got the entire show.

Bob Shanteau