[mythtv-users] Stuffed change of hostname

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 20 23:45:06 UTC 2014

> On 21 Jan 2014, at 2:33 am, "Mark Perkins" <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 20 Jan 2014, at 11:55 pm, "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>>
>> I need to know exactly what approach you tried before I can suggest how best to clean up the problems.
> I believe that (in summary) I executed this:
> mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e "UPDATE recorded SET hostname = 'new_hostname' WHERE hostname = 'old_hostname';"
>
> Instead of this:
> mythconverg_restore.pl --change_hostname --old_hostname="XXXX" --new_hostname="YYYY"
>
> I haven't identified any other problems or symptoms at this stage (other than mentioned) - that's not saying that they are not there - just that things seem to be working essentially fine at this stage (noting the bit of tinkering I have now done already).
Should add (as probably quite relevant) that I also did a 'delete all on all hosts' of capture cards and video sources and deleted all storage groups including the defaults and recreated from scratch. The tuners moved from the old machine to the new but most other hardware changed (essentially motherboard, graphics card and half the disks).