[mythtv-users] Stuffed change of hostname

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 20 18:27:20 UTC 2014

> On 21 Jan 2014, at 3:20 am, "Mike Perkins" <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> The problem is that 'recorded' isn't the only table which has a 'hostname' field, they are dotted all over. To fix your problem you would have to change every instance in your database.

It probably looks like I was taking shortcuts but I wasn't. Just stupid instead. I "read" both wiki pages but in "reading" them I "read" that the code boxes on each page were the same. I then proceeded to just follow the one (wrong) page. It is a bad habit that has hurt me before - reading what I think is written not what is actually written.

I only have one backend with all recordings associated with it so I think luck has meant that my error has not been as damaging as it could have been.