[mythtv-users] VaAPI Error

CACook at Quantum-Sci.com CACook at Quantum-Sci.com
Fri Jan 17 16:41:20 UTC 2014

On Thu, 16 Jan 2014 12:26:17 -0800
<CACook at Quantum-Sci.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 09:20:47 +1300
> > VDPAU was created by nVidia but is an open std.
> >
> > The FOSS driver (for AMD graphics) supports VDPAU, the nouveau
> > driver does as well (for nVidia HW) using extracted closed firmware
> > blob.
>
> Thank you, but I need OpenCL and CAL++ for other purposes.  Can the
> open-source driver do OpenCL, as well as VDPAU?  CAL++ isn't
> mandatory yet.

So my conclusion, since VA-API is set up correctly, is that there's something wrong with the way MythTV is engaging VA-API.  Maybe it's looking in the wrong place for the drivers.  Or maybe it didn't find the proprietary includes during compile.

vainfo
https://paste.debian.net/76880/

mytherr
https://paste.debian.net/76882/