[mythtv-users] Mythutil ScanVideos not updating Video Metadata

A Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 17:51:14 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 10:27 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 01/10/2014 10:43 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>
>> On 1/10/2014 10:25 PM, A Desai wrote:
>>
>>> The thing is, I have quite extensive Bluray + DVD collection.
>>>
>>> I hate updating the movie every other time I update my library.
>>>

>> What he's saying is that it takes the better part of an hour to rip a
>> Bluray to hard drive, and an additional 20 seconds to refresh the Video
>> Library and pick it up.
>>

> And, if you're ripping a whole library, you don't have to update after
> each rip.  You can rip 100, putting each in the proper directory as it
> finishes ripping, then Scan for Changes once.  And, really, you don't even
> need to Scan for Changes /until/ you want to watch one--at which point
> you'll be in Video Library, anyway, so it's 2 button presses and a little
> wait before you watch the show.
>
> Mike

Mike
I completely understand this - I guess it was just a pet peeve of sorts -
seeing that Question Mark in place of the movie poster kept bugging me :) I
know I can work around them quite easily. The MythTV team spoils us, I
guess, giving so many features that you keep wanting more. No worries, I
can easily do the scan changes, I was merely curious, that's all.

Thanks,

Ash