[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime and Premium/Protected Channels

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 02:11:27 UTC 2014

I am on Comcast and I have not yet been able to get my HDHR Prime
w/CableCard to work with premium channels like HBO.  It works fine for
cable tier stuff like ESPN.  I just talked to a friend of mine who has his
HDHR Prime/CableCard working just fine with Verizon FiOS.  He is able to
watch HBO and similar channels.

Is this strictly a function of the cable provider?  Does Comcast flag these
channels differently?  Or can I get this to work if I pester the Comcast
tech support long enough?  May have to switch to FiOS if this is a
non-starter with Comcast.

Larry