[mythtv-users] Upgrading from .20 to .27

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 19:52:04 UTC 2014

On 01/12/2014 01:11 PM, Lord Kage wrote:
> Morning all,
>
> I am finally updating my now dying FC6 boxes with MythTV .20 on them. I
> currently have a fronend/backend and a backend only configuration. I am
> planning to move to a frontend/backend configuration on CentOS 6 when I
> upgrade using just the case from the existing frontend/backend. All other
> hardware will be decommissioned. All drives and encoder cards will not be
> used in the new system due to increasing failures and incompatibilities.
>
> I searched google a number of times looking for how to upgrade such a large
> jump, and I was unable find anything useful. The few instructions I found
> were for .24 to .26, which I believe to not be completely relevant. I am
> mainly interested in keeping the information in the Database and how to
> transition the machines.

What the others have said. Plus, I'd strongly suggest reading ALL the release
notes. Off the top: logging changes, UTC conversion, mysql.txt no longer used.
time zone additions to MySQL. Changes to user scripts (also UTC related.)

A Google search for: mythtv release notes returns a nice list. Or just this:
     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Release_Notes

Make your life simpler, keep the hostname on the new box the same as the one
on your old one.

--
Bill