[mythtv-users] Mythvidexport problem

Mike Carron jmcarron at starstream.net
Sat Jan 4 15:51:19 UTC 2014

I installed mythvidexport.py on my system (Mythbuntuj12.04.3/Myth 0.25)
yesterday and am getting about a 50% success rate on exporting to the
Video Library. Those that succeed are great and I really like the
appearance of the videos page so far. Unfortunately, the mythbackend.log
hasn't been very informative about failures, saying only that the
userjob failed.
The Backend Status page on MythWeb is better:

    6 of the failures were "Failure to overwrite e",
    2 were "External system call failed: code 1" and
    1 was "User job returned non-zero, check logs."

There was no user job entry in the backend log for that last failure at
the time given on the Backend Status page. If there is a mythvidexport
log it isn't in /var/log/mythtv and I haven't been able to find it.

Those which failed with the "Failure to overwrite e" message also left
the name of the series in the first column of the Videos page and I'm
not able to delete it.

Any suggestions?

mike