[mythtv-users] Zero-length recordings

cvb at kruemel.org cvb at kruemel.org
Sat Jan 4 07:18:22 UTC 2014

Am 2014-01-01 13:19, schrieb Jeffrey Ratcliffe:
> I reported getting random zero-length recordings to this list. The
> suggestion[1] was to delete all video sources, reconfigure them and
> rescan for channels. I didn't have the tuits at the time, but when I
> did, the zero-length recordings continued.
>
> Any suggestions?

I am getting Zero-length, forever ongoing recordings since I'm using
mythtv, which is for years now. I think I have tried virtually
everything, setting up sources again, changing hardware, different
driver versions, etc. It keeps happening.

What always helps for me is to restart the backend. Automatic restart
with the built-in mechanisms doesn't work, as mythtv thinks it is
continually recording when that happens, and I haven't yet figured out
how to tackle this with a script. However, when I notice such situation,
a "killall mythbackend" resolves the situation reliably for me.

I also THINK the reason might be that some internal logics are not
taking into account an early start and late end of recordings which you
can configure in the backend setup for all recordings as a default. I
THINK that setting this option (which I have) may toggle some overlaps
of recording exceeding the maximum of possible simultaneous recordings
of my DVB S2. I have, however, not yet found the time to test this, as a
lot of my regular recordings rely on this and I am too lazy to set this
all up differently again... (shame on me!).

But maybe this gives you another idea for how to tackle the issue for
you? And if it does, it might help the developers or give me some
motivation to adjust my configuration. :-)

Cheers, Chris