[mythtv-users] tuner numbering

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 28 09:14:59 UTC 2014

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 05:08:57 -0000, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
wrote:

> OK, that is what was returned to me too:
> DEVLINKS=/dev/dvb/test5/dvr0 /dev/dvb/test6/dvr0 /dev/test1 /dev/test2
> /dev/test4
>
> And as I look back through previous commands, my bad, only this time
> did I disable "digital-card", last attempt I disabled "capture-card",
> apologies.

No, that was correct. You did right.

> Seems now though that we're on the right rack. This test
> result was with both disabled, and after returning "capture-card"
> (this does keep the analog side of things straight)to .rules, I get
> the same test result, so now where do you recommend I go with the
> "digital-rules"?  Daryl

I suspect there's something wrong with your file digital-cards.rules. What
you last posted/indicated *looks* right, but it's tricky to see typos with
this stuff. And IIRC there was a previous occasion where someone (you?)
picked up an invisible character (non-breaking space ?) from an HTML
email, which prevented a script from working. Anyway now we know
test.rules works, treat it gently...

So:

1. Delete digital-card.rules
2. Rename test.rules to digital-card.rules
3. Remove rules 1-4 and 6 - you only want to retain the rule with test5 in
it.
4. Change "test5" to "HP1250"
5. Duplicate the rule using copy/paste. In the 2nd rule change the device
id to "0x8802" and the symlink to "PC800i"
6. Run the usual udevadm command on adapter 0 & 6 - you should see
appropriate DEVLINKS on both.
7. Reboot and look for 2 directories /dev/dvb/HP1250 and /dev/dvb/PC800i.
Both should contain symlinks as per my original post.
8. Try them out in mythtv-setup etc, etc.