[mythtv-users] random livetv stalls

Kevin Johnson iitywygms at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 23:52:27 UTC 2014

>> I gave you very simple instructions on what to do and how to start it.
>>
>> Don't know why you decided to follow what seems to me a much more complex
>> one

> Okay.
>
> I did as you suggested.
>

> $ sudo apt-get build-dep mythtv
>
> $ git clone https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git
> $ cd mythtv
> $ git checkout fixes/0.27
> $ git cherry-pick 20f7cd2858e79385ceec07b2c19c7e
> 4f84714e18
>
> The last thing i see after the above steps is this
>
> [fixes/0.27 f19d42d] Fix fileringbuffer locking up on read()
>  Author: Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at mythtv.org>
>  Committer: kevin johnson <deletedbyme>
> Your name and email address were configured automatically based
> on your username and hostname. Please check that they are accurate.
> You can suppress this message by setting them explicitly:
>
>     git config --global user.name "Your Name"
>     git config --global user.email you at example.com
>
> After doing this, you may fix the identity used for this commit with:
>
>     git commit --amend --reset-author

> Does that mean the fixes were applied?

Additional info.

I checked the backend log after doing the above.

I still see

 Waited 0.2 seconds for data #012#011#011#011to become available...

So i thought that I may need to continue the steps.
You said you do this personally,,, so I was not sure if it was required,
but I tried it anyway.

$ ./configure --compile-type=debug --prefix=/usr/local/mythtv-dev

but I get the following error

-bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

So I stopped at that point.

Sorry if I am being dense.