[mythtv-users] Automatic mythfilldatabase runs to Schedules Direct seem to be frequently failing

Michael Stucky mike at stucky.us
Wed Feb 19 14:20:03 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 11:42 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 6:08 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I was looking at the wrong thing. I've created a script and will see how
>> it goes. Thanks.
>>
> [snip]
>
> Myth says the last run was 21:02. The run was unsuccessful.There were no
> entries in the mythfilldatabase log. Is that due to the fact that I'm
> calling it from a script?
>
> Is there a log that should be showing me "Running mythfillwithping.sh"?

In your script add  "--logpath /var/log/mythtv" or "--syslog local7"
(depending on your mythtv logging method) to the end of the
mythfilldatabase command. For example:

mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all --logpath /var/log/mythtv

or

mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all --syslog local7

Just now, I ran the script manually and it did the pings and successfully