[mythtv-users] Clearing autoexpire list of missing recordings

Jim lists at morton.hrcoxmail.com
Wed Feb 19 13:19:23 UTC 2014

On 2/18/2014 5:02 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 4:25 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org
> <mailto:eric at lisaneric.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Daryl McDonald
>     <darylangela at gmail.com <mailto:darylangela at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Find_orphans.py
>     >>>
>     >>
>     >> According to the wiki it doesn't support .27...is that just a
>     missed wiki
>     >> update?
>     >>
>     > Sorry I can't recall if I used that on 0.25 or 0.27, but I would
>     > assume it will work. Can anyone else confirm?
>
>     I've never been able to get it to work in any release.  Other people
>     seem to be more successful with it.
>

> Not at home, but I SSH'd in and ran it. It listed the missing files
> but when I selected delete it listed them again, even after a refresh
> of the list. Will check at home if they actually disappeared from the
> autoexpire list.

Early in this thread you asked if you should use touch and someone
replied - Yes.     I'll second that.

When I have gotten into this situation I have just clipped out the file
names from the backend log (grep for "can not be found") throw
them into an editor and insert touch in front of each and paste it on
the command line.
Then Myth can clean up after itself.

--
Jim