[mythtv-users] Clearing autoexpire list of missing recordings

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Feb 21 03:35:00 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 8:19 AM, Jim <lists at morton.hrcoxmail.com> wrote:
> Early in this thread you asked if you should use touch and someone
> replied - Yes.     I'll second that.
>
> When I have gotten into this situation I have just clipped out the file
> names from the backend log (grep for "can not be found") throw
> them into an editor and insert touch in front of each and paste it on
> the command line.
> Then Myth can clean up after itself.

That sounds like an awful hack.  It would also only work whenever the
backend chooses to delete one of these files.  If it was marked for
non-expiration, it would keep this zero length file around forever,
no?

I just gave the latest version of find_orphans.py a whirl and it still
fails for me.  It can list the orphaned recording entries, but
attempting to delete them fails.  It crashed the backend process
completely and I had to restart it.

Eric