[mythtv-users] truncated recording

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Feb 17 02:45:17 UTC 2014

  A few nights ago, my recording of OTA olympic recording was truncated.  It
would end after about 15 minutes.

  Since I started watching it while it was still on, mythtv was claiming the
space used was increasing, and after it finished recording, statedthe recorded
size was about 25 GB.

  However, using the info to find out the file name, and then finding the actual
file in the filesystem, it was about 1 GB.  Mythtv itself did not state any
errors with the recording.

  There was plenty of space in the filesystem was was recording to (100+ GB), so
it is not a case of running out of space.  And my other large olympic recordings
have all been fine.

  Any thoughts on cause or how to prevent this from happening in the future?
I'm more concerned about having this happen to other programs I'm not watching
immediately, and by the time I notice them shortened, it is too late to find
them on repeats.  Since mythtv seems to have believed everything went fine, it
wouldn't go and re-recorded such files.

  Mythtv 0.26.1 on ubuntu