[mythtv-users] Setting up/testing Hauppauge HVR-1100 composite/s-video input?

BIRD Neil Neil.BIRD at uk.thalesgroup.com
Thu Feb 13 12:44:00 UTC 2014

From: BIRD Neil, Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:56 PM
>   I'm going to send it back and try something with a guaranteed
> hardware encoder.  The PCI Adaptec VideOh (AVC-2010) looks a
> likely candidate (ivtv support from several years ago), and is
> currently only £18.  Has both s-video & composite, plus audio, and
> no other bells or whistles, which (presuming it works) will suit
> me fine.

  Just some feedback for archive googlers:  I returned the 1100 and bought the AVC-2010, and it's working a treat.

  I've fully migrated my B/E to all-new hardware now and it's working a treat, with DVB-HD and all (aside from a couple of random possibly-nVidia related backend crashes, which I'll worry about more if they still happen once I've updated 0.24 -> 0.26 in a few weeks (after I've let the new box stabilise).

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature