[mythtv-users] Resolved: Making use of all three tuners in the HDHR Prime

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Wed Feb 12 16:48:29 UTC 2014

On 02/08/2014 02:55 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
> I have an HDHR Prime. I also have two machines running Mythbuntu. As I
> go through the configuration of the second machine, is it safe to set
> it up to use a different HDHR tuner from the one on the other machine?
> The first machine is using tuner 0. If I set the second machine up to
> use tuner 1 will that cause any conflicts?

It appears that there were no conflicts with one machine running MythTV
using tuner 0 and the other one using tuners 1 and 2.

> In the long run I don't expect to have two machines running MythTV.
> When I get to that stage, can I create two more capture cards using
> tuners 1 and 2, and will MythTV know what to do with them when I try
> to schedule programs that overlap?

The machine using tuners 1 and 2 appears to have dealt with the apparent
conflict of back to back programs that overlap by using different tuners
for the two programs. Once I stop using the second machine I'll add
tuner 0 to the collection of tuners available to the other machine.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens