[mythtv-users] Making use of all three tuners in the HDHR Prime

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Feb 12 18:04:26 UTC 2014

On 2/8/2014 5:55 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
> I have an HDHR Prime. I also have two machines running Mythbuntu. As I
> go through the configuration of the second machine, is it safe to set
> it up to use a different HDHR tuner from the one on the other machine?
> The first machine is using tuner 0. If I set the second machine up to
> use tuner 1 will that cause any conflicts?

Could you explain what your intent is here?  Typically, MythTV is
configured as a cluster, where all tuners from all backends are
available on all frontends.  Since there's no physical limitations with
regards to networked tuners like the HDHomeRuns, they're usually all
simply configured on the master backend, or which ever backend has the
bulk of the storage.  It sounds like you're trying to configure two
completely independent MythTV systems.