[mythtv-users] Crashed table 'recordedseek'???

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Feb 9 17:32:06 UTC 2014

On 02/09/2014 11:29 AM, Jon N wrote:
> So, just as I am about to move the database to a new computer I see
> this message when I start the mysql database server:
>
> "ERROR 144 (HY000) at line 1: Table './mythconverg/recordedseek' is
> marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed"
>
> Can this be fixed?  If I backup the database and restore it to the new
> computer I assume I'll have this error the new machine too, correct?

Usually, you use optimize_mythdb.pl to fix crashed tables, but the
message shows that it (like the "last (automatic?) repair") won't work.
Therefore, you get to become a DBA:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/myisam-table-maintenance.html

Note, too, that if you have InnoDB tables, as opposed to MyISAM (and you
shouldn't unless someone has been messing with your system or your
schema was created with a too-new-MySQL+too-old-MythTV combo), repairing
crashed tables is much more difficult (and much more likely to result in
lost/corrupted data).

Mike