[mythtv-users] Crashed table 'recordedseek'???

Jon N jdnandroid at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 17:10:44 UTC 2014

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 11:36 AM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe.  Depends on how bad the damage is.  First things
> first, backup the database using the mythconverg_backup.pl
> script.  Twice.  Make sure you know where the backups
> are.  Then run the optimize_mythdb.pl script, which will
> run a repair (along with the optimize/analyze).  If you are
> lucky the explicit repair will work.  It usually does.  If
> not, your options get far more complex.

mythconverg_backup.pl only produces a very small file (under 1KB,
previous backups are about 10MB).  I ran it with --verbose and get the
following at the end:

"mysqldump exited with status: 2
mysqldump output:
mysqldump: Got error: 144: Table './mythconverg/recordedseek' is
marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed when using LOCK
TABLES"

So it looks like this error is going to prevent me from making a
backup. If I can't back it up is optimize_mythdb.pl still my best bet?

Thanks,
Jon