[mythtv-users] Code to convert Xfree86 modeline into an 18 byte DTD array?

Stephen Hocking stephen.hocking at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 10:53:04 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to work around an Nvida bug that causes it to specify TV modes
when the EDID has extension blocks. These TV modes introduce overscan,
instead of using my carefully crafted 1920x1080 modelines that are pixel
perfect. If I disable the extension blocks, I get the perfect picture, but
it also gets rid of the EDID data that tells the card about the audio
devices on the other end of the HDMI link.

I am planning on crafting my own EDID which will replace the manufacturer's
modelines with my own, bringing both the perfect picture and tasty HDMI
sound. Unfortunately this is going to involve a fair amount of bit-banging,
and although I have working code that goes from the DTD array to the
modeline, it's a bit of a pain to reverse the process. Before I expend much
skull sweat, has anyone else got a fragment of code that does this?

   Stephen