[mythtv-users] Recommendations for HDTV?

Ken Truesdale kentruesdale at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 11:08:24 UTC 2014

On Dec 30, 2014, at 8:05 PM, James Linder wrote:
> Actually Ken, just wearing my engineering cap and being a pedantic old fart, OLED is just a manufacturing technique to make LEDs. OLED LEDs are the same as any other LEDs (actually they are not wear charateristics vary between colours) but standing at 1 pace with whatever light measuring equipment you choose OLEDs are the same as any other LEDs
> James

My understanding is that the "organic" version of the LED uses something different than a "regular" LED to make the LED "light up".  So it seems like more than just different a manufacturing technique which is why I still think it is worth differentiating.  But I understand your point: from a viewer perspective, an OLED TV would provide a form of an LED-driven image where LCD with LED backlighting does not.

Ken.