[mythtv-users] hijack transcode user job for an additional custom user job

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 28 10:56:37 UTC 2014

Am I likely to suffer any ill effects if I hijack the Mythtranscode user job
by putting in a new command line? I have used all my 4 custom user jobs, but
one of those user jobs is my custom transcode script so the inbuilt
transcode job never gets used. I would like to use it instead to do some
testing of the Mythcommflag patches that have been posted in an earlier
thread - ie something like:

/path/to/patched/mythcommflag_improved --method 7 --chanid %CHANID%
--starttime %STARTTIME% --override-setting AggressiveCommDetect=1

Can I essentially repurpose one of the inbuit jobs as a custom user job in
this fashion or am I going to break something by doing that.