[mythtv-users] Intel NUC D34010WYK Install Notes

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Tue Dec 23 08:27:54 UTC 2014

---- On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 18:35:24 +0000 Justin Moore  wrote ----
>-NUC D34010WYK
>[snip]
> Install Notes
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1alWSZZ8tLYe4I-lmdrsAGT67xV77q4F4jivGeEzIklk/edit?usp=sharing
>

>Reviving a dead thread, but I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for this amazingly detailed write-up. I'm sitting here now watching TV on a stand-alone frontend which is streaming content from my FE/BE in the basement. It took about two hours of work from the time I got back from the store with the parts until now. I still want to tweak the LIRC config a bit (I have a Harmony 350 instead of an 880) but this was so painless and so simple.

i've only just seen this myself. It's given me some info on what to check for VAAPI (not sure something is right; running 50% cpu on SD content, for the celeron NUC.
I'm sure everyone can provide change, but the only thing i'd add is to the lirc config. repeat = 1, delay = 3 (my Harmony 555 sends 3 identical commands per press). This would allow press&hold functionality on key presses.