[mythtv-users] mythbuntu theme 28.16

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Tue Dec 23 00:11:42 UTC 2014

On 23/12/2014 10:48 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 22/12/14 23:43, Michael Watson wrote:
>> On 22/12/2014 7:51 PM, Paul Harrison wrote:
>>>

>>> On 22 Dec 2014 00:53, "Michael Watson"
>>> <michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au

>>> rotating around the central position style of layout in the video's
>>> section  (like Mythbuntu theme has recently switched to, and several
>>> others use).  So I *choose* not to use these themes.  By the number
>>> of themes using this style my view is clearly a minority (amongst
>>> theme developers anyway), which is pushing me (and my family) to
>>> using an alternative product for frontend use.
>>> >

>>> So why don't you do the honourable thing and create your own theme
>>> and show us how it is done?
>>>

>> Yes, that's another one of the unhelpful comments that are all to
>> common on this list.
>
> It's a perfectly serious question. Why don't you do something positive
> for the project for a change.

I am artistically challenged, I cannot draw a decent stick figure, much
less design a pretty and functional theme.  I don't think its fair to
say I have done nothing positive for the project.  Maybe you think
discussion's on the direction of Myth is unhelpful.
Having worked as a "mediator" between developers, users, helpdesk and
management for many years, I know that developers can loose track of
users needs, and how users can be single tracked in the view that there
desire is more important than others.
A project that looses track (or ignores) its users needs/wants sooner or
later will wither and die.   I hope Myth does not go down this path.