[mythtv-users] mythbuntu theme 28.16

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 03:52:16 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 9:07 PM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Michael Watson
> <michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au> wrote:
> > Personally I (and my family) dislike all the themes that use the rotating
> > around the central position style of layout in the video's section  (like
> > Mythbuntu theme has recently switched to, and several others use).  So I
> > *choose* not to use these themes.  By the number of themes using this
> style
> > my view is clearly a minority (amongst theme developers anyway), which is
> > pushing me (and my family) to using an alternative product for frontend
> use.
> >

> Any particular reason you don't like that? Also, there are different
> views for the videos section.

I'll admit that I was a bit puzzled by this discussion since I use the
mythbuntu theme and the videos menu looked basically the same to me, but I
use List View.  I also don't care for the "carousel" type selections.  I
think they look great, and would be fine for a small video library, but
they don't scale for me.  Maybe I just don't understand how to use them,
but I'll take a hierarchy like the list view for my library.  That is one
of the main reasons I never considered trying to use xbmc.  I tried it
early on and thought it was pretty, but not really scalable.

Bill