[mythtv-users] replacing SD recordings with HD

Andrew C. (AFPup) Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Sun Dec 21 16:00:07 UTC 2014

On 21/12/2014 7:18 AM, UB40D wrote:
> Sometimes a movie is broadcast only in SD, and I record it that way.
> But maybe a few months or years later the movie is rebroadcast on an
> HD channel and it would be nice to upgrade it. So, two related questions.
>
> Is there a way to set a recording rule that will record any movie
> that's broadcast in HD if I already have in the recordings as non-HD?
>
> When I manually schedule the recording of an HD movie with
> manage recordings / schedule recordings / lists / films / record one
> showing
> and I get the "R" that says I've already got it recorded, is there a
> way to tell if what I already have is SD or HD?
>
> Thanks

Something like:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Custom_Recording#Recording_a_Rebroadcast_in_HD:_An_Advanced_Custom_Recording_Example
?

I suppose you could modify the query to include a where clause on the
category_type = 'movie' to limit it to movies.

This does of course depend on your listing source(s) properly
identifying HD vs SD.