[mythtv-users] replacing SD recordings with HD

UB40D ub40dd at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 21 12:18:56 UTC 2014

Sometimes a movie is broadcast only in SD, and I record it that way. But
maybe a few months or years later the movie is rebroadcast on an HD channel
and it would be nice to upgrade it. So, two related questions.

Is there a way to set a recording rule that will record any movie that's
broadcast in HD if I already have in the recordings as non-HD?

When I manually schedule the recording of an HD movie with
manage recordings / schedule recordings / lists / films / record one showing
and I get the "R" that says I've already got it recorded, is there a way to
tell if what I already have is SD or HD?

Thanks