[mythtv-users] nuc 2820fykh FE issues

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Sun Dec 21 15:08:20 UTC 2014

---- On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 14:53:46 +0000 Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote ----
 > On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 12:52:46 +0000, you wrote:
 > >1) I am getting slightly jerky playback on liveTV until i change the channel or pause/play the feed.
 >
 > That happens sometimes for me too with my Nvidia 220 card in a full
 > scale PC - it looks like the amount of buffering between the recording
 > and the playback may be slightly too little for the H.264 DVB-T signal
 > we have here in New Zealand.  A very short pause fixes the problem for
 > me.

Yep, the seems to be the case. I didn't have it on my ion board, maybe that just covered up a generic problem with it being slower than the NUC.

 > >2) using pm-utils 'pm-suspend' command to suspend-to-ram, on resume i am getting a black screen and no way to revive it without a restart. SSH is still fully responsive
 >
 > I am sure there are many PCs that will have problems like that.  I
 > would guess that the screen would come back again if you did a
 > "restart lightdm" (Mythbuntu 14.04) or the equivalent on your system
 > which restarts X and the display manager, from your ssh login.  If so,
 > then there may well be some X config settings that can help, or you
 > may need a script that gets run on suspend to shut down certain
 > things.

restart lightdm worked. Thanks for the pointer. I'll look at automatic methods now i have something to work with

 > >3) I'm only able to get stereo audio - if i select 5.1 then mythtv audio setup says invalid or not useable. How do you get 5.1 configured on these NUCs?

Fixed this one myself. I needed to install & run pavucontrol (i use mythbuntu 14.04.1), configure it to HDMI output (default was an analogue output), MythTV audio is then pointed to alsa:pulse for 5.1/7.1 and voila... working audio for both mythtv and mythnetvision.